#1 Cait xx

Cait xx

I can't stop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10180 posts
  • LocationWishing I was dead

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Okay, so there's a reason I did this. One of my friends is a HUGE Beatles fan, but she absolutely hates One Direction. She says 1D is trying to copy the Beatles, and no matter how many times I tell her they aren't, she never listens. I'm hoping this little list I made will prove her wrong.

If you see any mistakes, please let me know. I want to be as accurate as possible.

The Beatles:

·         Members: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Pete Best, Stuart Sutcliffe

·         Band type: English rock

·         Active from: 1960-1970

·         Origins: Liverpool, United Kingdom

·         Record Labels: Apple Records, etc

·         Albums: Please Please Me (1963), With the Beatles (1963), Beatlemaina! With the Beatles (1963), Introducing the Beatles (1964), Meet the Beatles! (1964), The Beatles’ Second Album (1964), The Beatles’ First (1964), The Beatles’ Long Tail Sally (1964), Something New (1964), A Hard Day’s Night (1964), The Beatles’ Story (1964), Beatles for Sale (1964), Beatles’ 65 (1964), The Early Beatles (1965), Help! (1965), Rubber Soul (1965), Yesterday…and Today (1966), Revolver (1966), A Collection of Beatles’ Oldies (1966), Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Club Band (1967), Magical Mystery Tour (1967), The White Album (1968), Yellow Submarine (1969), Abbey Road (1969), Let it Be (1970)

·         Hit Singles: All You Need is Love, Hard Day’s Night, Eight Days a Week, Help!

·         Movies: A ton, but no information accessible because of netbook

·         Awards: Grammy Award for Album of the Year, Grammy Award for Best Music Video, Grammy Award for Best New Artist, Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album, Grammy Award for Best Music Film, Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, Grammy Award for Best Performance by a Vocal Group, Academy Award for Original Song Score

·         Band History (Quoted from www.contactmusic.com/info/beatles): “John Lennon met Paul McCartney in 1957 when he was playing in a skiffle group named The Quarrymen. He invited McCartney to join the group and later, George Harrison also joined. Stuart Sutcliffe then joined on bass.

The band had a number of gigs lined up in Germany, but had no drummer. Eventually, Pete Best was invited to drum for the band.

Upon their return to Liverpool in 1961, Brian Epstein saw the band for the first time, at the now-infamous Cavern Club in Liverpool. The band auditioned for Decca (The Rolling Stones' label) but failed the audition. Epstein took it upon himself to fire Pete Best from the band and they hired Richard Starkey (Ringo Starr).”

·         Member Basic Facts:

·         John Lennon

o   Birthdate: October 9, 1940

o   Birthplace: Liverpool, England, United Kindgom

o   Death: December 8, 1980

o   Death place: New York City, New York

·         Paul McCartney

o   Age: 71

o   Birthdate: June 18, 1942

o   Hometown: Walton, Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

·         George Harrison

o   Birthdate: February 25, 1943

o   Birthplace: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

o   Death: November 29, 2001

o   Death place: Los Angeles, California

·         Ringo Starr

o   Age: 73

o   Birthdate: July 7, 1940

o   Hometown: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

·         Pete Best

o   Age: 71

o   Birthdate: November 24, 1941

o   Birthplace: Chennai, India

·         Stuart Sutcliffe

o   Birthdate: June 23, 1940

o   Birthplace: Edinburgh , Scotland, United Kingdom

o   Death: April 10, 1962

o   Death place: Hamburg, Germany

One Direction:

·         Members: Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik

·         Band type: English-Irish pop

·         Active from: 2010-present

·         Origins: London, United Kingdom

·         Record Labels: Syco Records, Modest! Management, Columbia Records

·         Albums: Up All Night (2011), Take Me Home (2012) , Midnight Memories (2013)

·         Hit Singles: What Makes You Beautiful (2011), One Thing (2011), Live While We’re Young (2012), Kiss You (2012), One Way or Another: Teenage Kicks (2013), Best Song Ever (2013)

·         World Tours: Up All Night (2011-2012), Take Me Home (2013), Where We Are (2014)

·         Movies: One Direction: This is Us

·         Products: Our Moment (One Direction Fragrance), a line of lip and nail cosmetics, Office Depot supplies, Where We Are book

·         Awards: MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop Video, MTV Europe Music Award for Best New Act, MTV Europe Music Award for Biggest Fans, Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Music Group, BRIT Award for Best British Single,  Choice Summer Music Star: Group, Choice Music: Breakout Group, Choice Music: Love Song, Japan Gold Disc Award for New Artist of the Year (Western), MTV Video Music Award for the Best Song of the Summer, Teen Choice Award for Choice Music Group, Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Tour, MTV Europe Music Awards Best European Act, Teen Choice Award for Choice Single: Group, 30 other awards

·         Band History: Each of the boys of One Direction was individual soloists competing in Britain’s X-Factor in 2010. All of them failed to go through with the solo acts, but were given a second chance when they were put together as a boy band, by Nichole Scherzinger and Simon Cowell. The band, whose name ‘One Direction’ was created by Harry, went through the judges house, singing a cover of Natalie Imbruglia’s ‘Torn’, and each of the weeks of the X-Factor. The band reached the finals, but failed when Rebecca Ferguson and Matt Cardle beat them out. Simon decided to give the band a second chance and signed them to his label.

·         Member Basic Facts:

o   Harry Styles

§  Age: 19

§  Birthdate: February 1, 1994

§  Hometown: Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom

o   Niall Horan:

§  Age: 20

§  Birthdate: September 13, 1993

§  Hometown: Mullingar, Westmeath, Ireland

o   Liam Payne:

§  Birthdate: August 29, 1993

§  Hometown: Manchester, England, United Kingdom

o   Louis Tomlinson:

§  Age: 21

§  Birthdate: December 24, 1991

§  Hometown: Doncaster, England, United Kingdom

o   Zayn Malik

§  Birthdate: January 12, 1993

§  Fiancée: Perrie Edwards (Little Mix)

§  Hometown: Bradford, England, United Kingdom

Google Plus: Cait Rylee (It helps if you look up Cait Rylee Tomlinson)

Twitter: MerpDerpBananas

Kik: CrashinFromTheHigh

#2 kamii123

kamii123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

they are nothing alike. one direction doesn't have any Grammys they won teen choice awards VMAs  way younger when thye started the band and they don't have those funny haircuts

#3 Jane_Kimmie

Jane_Kimmie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yeah, the bowl haircuts i think it was called? 
I love some songs of the Beatles, but they're nothing like One Direction ! :D

;)  :P Crazy, Random Asian Girl  :rolleyes:

:lol: Hoping to be able to meet the boys one day :lol:

I love food and taking photographs of random things ;)

-_- Have a love & hate relationship for the weather <_< 

Being able to see the boys perform with my bestie Lynndra would be the best thing ever! And also one less thing to check off on my bucket list. Yes, I have a bucket list. Do you?  ;) 

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BOYS IN SINGAPORE ON 11/03/2015

Please read my fanfics and let me know what you think of them! 

Red Sparks (Completed)

Burning Secret (Ongoing) 

I have Wattpad and Twitter. Follow me and I'll follow you 

Wattpad - Jane_Kimmie

Do vote and read for my fanfictions there and I'll do the same for you! Promise ! ^_^

Twitter - Jane_Kimmie

Sponsors

Sponsors
  • Advert

#4 SamiStyles

SamiStyles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationEngland, Cambridge

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I hate it when people say Oh their trying to copy the Beatles! It annoys me! Their 5 boys who wanted to persue their dreams and have reached their dream! Their own style ... Beatles was back then and 1D is now!

#5 Jane_Kimmie

Jane_Kimmie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Exactly !! 

;)  :P Crazy, Random Asian Girl  :rolleyes:

:lol: Hoping to be able to meet the boys one day :lol:

I love food and taking photographs of random things ;)

-_- Have a love & hate relationship for the weather <_< 

Being able to see the boys perform with my bestie Lynndra would be the best thing ever! And also one less thing to check off on my bucket list. Yes, I have a bucket list. Do you?  ;) 

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BOYS IN SINGAPORE ON 11/03/2015

Please read my fanfics and let me know what you think of them! 

Red Sparks (Completed)

Burning Secret (Ongoing) 

I have Wattpad and Twitter. Follow me and I'll follow you 

Wattpad - Jane_Kimmie

Do vote and read for my fanfictions there and I'll do the same for you! Promise ! ^_^

Twitter - Jane_Kimmie

#6 Cait xx

Cait xx

I can't stop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10180 posts
  • LocationWishing I was dead

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

they are nothing alike. one direction doesn't have any Grammys they won teen choice awards VMAs  way younger when thye started the band and they don't have those funny haircuts

um, 1D does have some grammies. i just didn't list them becuz i wanted to list more major awards

Google Plus: Cait Rylee (It helps if you look up Cait Rylee Tomlinson)

Twitter: MerpDerpBananas

Kik: CrashinFromTheHigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users