212 replies to this topic

#1 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ehm this is my first ever fanfic so please don't hate!
I know there is no 1D in it yet but this is slow-paced and I really hope for some positive feedback!

Link: http://www.quotev.co...rection-Fanfic/

#2 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Actually, I'm just going to post the stuff on here.

#3 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Gracie Holloway

Hi, the name's Gracie.

I have a nice family, good friends, and a cool life. I like reading and playing computer games, playing music on the computer and messing around with Paint and paint. Considering my birth parents were divorced and nobody wanted me then, I am pretty lucky to have someone to look after me. Sometimes, I get down and I want to kill myself, but I am over that, since my 'new' family will always be there - my birth parents dead, mum was murdered and dad died in a car accident. Living adopted once proved, should I say, 'difficult', but sooner or later, (actually a year later) I got used to it. I got to know my new life, I'm good. I used to be Gracie Holloway, but times (and names) change. Let me re-introduce myself: Hi, the name's Gracie. Gracie Styles.

Sponsors

Sponsors
  • Advert

#4 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Chapter 1 - First Impressions

Chapter 1 - First Impressions

I got out of the car and looked up to the house in front of me. As a fifteen-year-old, I found it hard not to keep secrets, or ask questions. "Mark, d'ya know who lives here?" I asked. Mark was the taxi driver who was payed to bring me here.
"Don't know, Hun," he replied.
"Wow," I thought, the large glass windows looming in creepily. "This is not going to be good."
Mark, helped me bring my suitcase out of the boot. "Thanks Mark," I said, and he got back into the taxi.
"Welcome, Gracie." I waved goodbye as the taxi drove out of the driveway, leaving me alone with the scary-looking house.
"Here goes," I thought, as I rang the doorbell. There was a loud bustling and a girl answered the door.
"Hello there, you must be Gracie. Mum told me you're going to be my sister." She smiled and brought out her hand. I shook it, grateful for some friendship. "Would you like some help with your suitcase?" she said, nodding her head in it's direction.
"Yes please," I said. We dragged it into the house and was panting by the end of it.
"What do you have in there? Dumbbells or something?" she asked.
I laughed and said, "Nah, It's just some stuff."

I pulled my suitcase the right way up. "What's your name, anyway?" I asked.
"Gemma, Gemma Styles," she said. "Your room is upstairs, second door on the right. I've got to go soon, my friends are meant to pick me up at around eight."
I looked up at the clock. It read 7:50.
"Can you at least help me bring my bag upstairs?" I pouted. Gemma laughed.
"Sure," she said, and we dragged my case step by step and by the time we reached upstairs, it was 8:10 and some cars were honking their horns outside.
"Oh, that must be my friends," she panted, holding her side. "I've got to go!" Gemma rushed downstairs and slipped some converses on. "Bye Gracie!" she shouted as she ran out the door.
"See you soon Gemma!" I waved as she slammed the door.

Dragging my suitcase to my room, I finally got it through the door and I lay on the bed. I stared at the ceiling and thought, "Maybe life will be good from now on." I unpacked and made myself a sandwich, then had a shower and got into my Little Rockstar PJ's. I sat on my bed, not even tired. Naturally my over-curious mind wanted to do something that teens would call 'childlike'. "I want to go exploring" it said, so I went. I peeked through some of the room and noticed Gemma's was hung with posters of a band called One Direction. I laughed to myself and went to another room. "This must be Mrs Sty- Mum's," I thought, stopping myself from saying Mrs Styles. " She's your mum now," I thought, scolding myself.

I went to another room and saw some boy's stuff in there. "Hmm," I thought. "I'm going to have a brother." I went in and saw, along with the average amount boys stuff in there, a poster like the ones of One Direction in Gemma's room. Each head had a signature above it, as well as a quote. They read, from left to right:
"Simple, but effective."
"I've always had a strange fear of spoons."
"I like girls who...eat carrots!"
"Vas Happenin?"
"Let's go to Nando's!"

I giggled, thinking about how funny and strange those quotes were. I walked back to my room and snuggled into bed.
"Well," I thought, right before I drifted off to sleep. "This place is OK."

Oh boy, didn't I know how wrong I was.

#5 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Chapter 2 - Meeting Mum

Chapter 2 - Meeting Mum

I woke up to bright sunlight streaming through my window. "Huh?" I said groggily, forgetting that I was the only one there. "Who opened my curtains?" I thought, distinctly remembering that my curtains were closed last night. I blinked and got out of bed. I threw on a blue shirt that had a DJ on it and some knee-length khaki shorts. I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs for breakfast. I was lucky to arrive on Friday night - now I have a full two days to spend with my new family.

When I entered the kitchen I saw a woman making breakfast. "GoodmorningcanIhavesomeeggs?" I asked, still feeling groggy.
The woman turned around and chuckled. "Of course you can Gracie," she said. "Help yourself."
I saw a tray filled with fried eggs and bacon. I licked my lips, the food making me grin like a madman.
The woman saw me staring and said, "I said, help yourself." She looked at me strangely and I snapped out of my trance.
"Yum," I said, and took two eggs and four bacons to the table, where I wolfed them down in under 10 minutes.
I belched and said, "Excuse me," knowing that manners are a way of making a good impression. The woman laughed. "Good morning Gracie," she said. "I hoped you had a good first night." She smiled and I gave back a crooked grin. She saw my empty plate and said, "Oh my goodness, you eat just like Niall."
I was surprised at her comment. "Niall? Who's Niall?"
She was surprised at my answer. "Niall is from One Direction, haven't you heard of them?" she asked.
I shook my head. She raised her eyebrows. "Anyhow, I'm your new mum. Do you need to talk about your past family?" she asked.
I shook my head again. She sighed. "If you want to talk about anything, you can talk to me." She laid a hand on my shoulder. "Ok?"
I nodded. She smiled. "Anyway, Gemma should be coming down soon. She usually had breakfast at around eleven. But I have to go to work."
I nodded again. Mum started to put her shoes on. "Gracie, be a good girl and don't burn the house down. I'll be back at around five."
She unlocked the door. "See you, mum!" I shouted as she went out.
"See you soon Gracie!" she waved and shut the door.

Well, that was a good start.

#6 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Chapter 3 - Introductions

Chapter 3 - Introductions

After mum left, I helped my self to another egg when I heard loud footsteps coming from upstairs. Gemma came trudging down and when she saw me she murmured, "Mornin' Grace." I stared at her as she walked into the kitchen. Her hair was a mess, but I was sure she didn't notice. She came out with an egg and three slices of bacon, as well as a glass of orange juice. She sat opposite me and started staring at me. "What?" I said, trying to break out of her gaze. She shook her head and started eating. "So... How was your time last night?" I asked, trying to make conversation.
"Last night?" she replied. "Last night was OK." Then she went back to eating.
"Gemma?" I said, still staring at her mess of hair.
"Yeah?" she answered.
"Your hair?" I said, pointing at her head.
She looked up and saw some strands of her hair pointing straight up to the ceiling.
She shrugged and said, "Nah, I'll clean up after breakfast."
She continued eating.
"OK, I'm going to take a walk. Are there any parks around here?" I asked.
"Yeah. Walk straight, turn right then take the next left. Hope you have a good time," she said.
"See you Gemma."
"See you."

I walked out of the house and in to the park. I sat on a bench closest to the pond and took out my phone. I scrolled through my contacts until I found the one I wanted. "F... G... H... I... J... K... L... La... not Lara... Le... not Leona... Li... There." I thought, as I pressed the call button for Liam Payne. I waited for pickup. "Hello?" came a voice. "Yes! He picked up!" I thought happily. Since most of my contacts wouldn't pick up, I thought he wouldn't too.

(Green:Liam/Red:Gracie)

Hello? Who's this? And how did you get my number?

Liam? This is Gracie, remember me?

Gracie? Gracie who?

I sighed. He probably didn't remember.

Gracie Holloway? Remember?

I heard a gasp from the other side.

What? Gracie? Why didn't you answer all those times?

See, Liam was my pen pal when I was twelve. He was the only person that I could trust, the only one that actually understood what I was going through back at home. I got his number because he wanted to hear my voice in person and actually feel like he was talking to a human being. He was my best friend.

I... well, there were lots of things that I couldn't talk about back at home.

Gracie, It's been three years. THREE YEARS!! I was so worried! What happened?

Um... my parents got divorced, and nobody wanted me. I was stuck in an orphanage for two and a half years, plus some kids smashed my phone and I wasn't allowed to use the orphanage one.

Silence. Total silence.

Oh.

Now I'm finally allowed a new phone and I am actually living, would you care to tell me what's been going on?

There was some sound going on in the background

What? What's going on?

I heard Liam take in a shaky breath.

Grace... can you tell me where you're living? So I can visit and help.

I'm living in Holmes Chapel. Can you tell me when-

I was cut off when I heard a loud scream and lots of laughter in the background.

What? What's so funny?

Well, Gracie, it depends if you want to talk to your new brother in person.

#7 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Chapter 4 - Mr Styles Junior

Chapter 4 - Mr Styles Junior

"Wait, what did he just say?" I thought.

(Liam:Green/Gracie:Red)

What?

Liam sighed and there was more laughter.

I said, do you want to speak to your new brother?

I screamed and everyone on the phone laughed. "I've got a brother! I've got a brother!" I was jumping around screaming.

So I take it as a yes?

OH MY GODS LIAM THAT IS EPIC! Wait how do you know him anyway?

I felt slightly suspicious that he knew I had a brother. As far as I knew, he lives a while away. In fact, he lives in Wolverhampton.

Have you heard of One Direction?

No...

Silence.

What? Who're they meant to be? Are they famous or something?

Well yeah... and why don't you know them?

If you must know, the orphanage was crap with no TV, computer or anything like that. They said, and I quote, "Books are better for your education." Like, what the heck?

Right... One Direction is a band, and I'm in it.

OK. Cool. But that doesn't explain how you know my new brother.

Um... He's also in it.

Right. So my new brother's famous. And in a band called One Direction. So?

So...

Yeah. I don't really think you care about having a brother that's famous, and I don't think you actually have a choice when it comes to me visiting you, since it's already planned.

OK! Cool, so when?

Uh, wait a sec...

Liam went off the phone, but I could still hear what he was saying.
"Harry, when are we going to your house?" he asked.
I heard a muffled noise, sounding like Tuesday or Thursday.

Tomorrow, I think.

Oh gosh. Tomorrow? That's way too soon. Why?

We're coming back from tour and Harry really wants to see his new sister.

Aw. A famous person wants to see me? Me? Not likely.

Yeah right.

No really! Right I'm going to get him on the phone just to see how much he wants to meet you.

Fine.

Now I'm wondering what Harry looks like. He has to be one of them off those posters.

(Harry:Purple)

HI NEW SISTAH!

Hi...

OK, this guy is freaking me out.

HI GRACIE! What's up?

Did Liam tell you anything about me before I was adopted by your mum?

No...

Then ask him.

OK...

Liam and Harry had a quiet conversation for a few seconds before Harry came back like this:

OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY GRACIE!!!

I laughed.

Doesn't really matter. It's the past.

Oh and Gracie I can't wait to meet you for the first time when I come back.

Technically it's the second time but the first if you mean face-to-face.

Oh. OK then. Have you met my sister?

Gemma? Yeah, she's great. So's your mum.

Thanks.

(Liam:Green)

Guys I need the phone back.

'K. Here you go Liam.

Thanks Harry.

OK, It's around 11:50 and I don't want people starting to worry. I've got to go.

Right, see you soon Gracie.

Bye.

Bye.

I hung up and started walking back to the house. Talking to Liam was something I've really missed.

#8 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Right so I've posted 5 bits in a row and now TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF IT.

Fank Yeww. :D

#9 StephanieHoran86

StephanieHoran86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5834 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Ooh, I love it! Post more soon!

Fave quotes from my concert in Louisville:

It feels great to have me own 'Ville! ~Louis on having a city "named after him" (I'm pretty sure Louisville was named after a different Louis lln)

The three things I love most about Kentucky are: (1) the chicken, (2) the chicken, and (3)...*long pause* ALL OF YOU GUYS! ~Zayn

Fave quotes from my concert in Chicago:

Harry *to Caroline, the girl with the broken arm*: How did you fall?

Caroline: I fell funny.

*the crowd laughs*

Twitter: @holynandos86

Wattpad: HolyNandosItsSteph

Kik: StiallWoran86

Movellas: StephanieHoran86

Check out my 5SOS forums!

#10 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks! I'm going to post... maybe a chapter a day? IDK... but most likely a chapter a day. If not I'm just being lazy or I have lots of homework.

#11 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Chapter 5 - Lunchtime Surprise

Chapter 5 - Lunchtime Surprise

I walked in the house and shut the door. It was quiet. Too quiet. "Hello?" I called. My voice echoed throughout the house. It was really creepy. I walked in to the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge. "Grace, it's me Gemma," it read. " I'll be hanging out with some friends today and won't be coming back 'til 5 pm. See ya!"
So much for spending time getting to know my family.
Under that was some more notes.
"Gracie, the password to the computer's ********. you can use it if you want. Mum."
OK, I like the computer. So I'll go on it. Common sense, right? So I walked to the living room and sat on the spinny chair. I spun round it for five minutes, thinking "Wheee!!!" before remembering that I wanted to go on the computer.
I typed in the password and there was a notification for me at the bottom of the screen. When I clicked it, everything went like this:

Hello hello hello!
It's so nice to meet you!
Hello hello hello!
It's so nice to greet you!

It's just to let you know,
That you are my good friend,
Since it just goes to show,

Just when I started to think that it was cheesy, I heard the whole house shake when the room chanted:

"WE LOVE YOU IN THE END!"

Well, I still think it's cheesy, but I was happy. Gemma, Mum and a whole lot of people actually spent time to give me a welcome party! I wondered if I was that likeable.

I saw a bunch of boys grinning like madmen at me, and Gemma laughing with them. Then I saw mum. "MUM!" I shouted, and I ran at her and gave her a big bear hug. One of the boys started pouting but I didn't really notice all that much. "Thank you so much for the party!" I exclaimed.
"Ha, Gracie, I didn't plan it, they did." Mum started pointing towards Gemma and the boys.

I ran to Gemma and hugged her so fast I knocked her to the floor. "THANK YOU FOR THIS EPIC PARTY GEMS!"

"Welcome, Gracie," she said with a grin. "Have you met-"

#12 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Dun dun duuun! Epic cliffhanger.
PS: Sorry bout how short it is Posted Image

#13 Ragne1D

Ragne1D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

I think it's great! It's lovely I love reading your stories. Don't ever stop ( even if it's acyually finished... )

#14 StephanieHoran86

StephanieHoran86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5834 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

As much as I love leaving cliffhangers, I HATE seeing them! lol post more soon!

It feels great to have me own 'Ville! ~Louis on having a city "named after him" (I'm pretty sure Louisville was named after a different Louis lln)

The three things I love most about Kentucky are: (1) the chicken, (2) the chicken, and (3)...*long pause* ALL OF YOU GUYS! ~Zayn

*the crowd laughs*

#15 Penguins + 1D=me :D

Penguins + 1D=me :D

penguindirectioner11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • LocationWith 1D

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Write some more!!!!!!!
I <3 all my 1D lovin' BFF's

#16 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Wow guys thanks for the support! here's another chapter:

#17 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Chapter 6 - New friends

Chapter 6 - New friends

"Who?" I asked as she pulled away from my hug. "Here they are," she said. "JULIET! CAMILLE! MAE! VIOLE! GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE NOW!"
Four girls then ran over to where Gemma was standing.
There was a blonde with long hair, her tan bringing out the sky-blue eyes hidden under long eyelashes; and there was a brunette with a short crew-cut, her golden-brown eyes shining at me from her slightly tanned features; there was also a girl with straight black hair, her sea blue eyes sparkling against her pale, freckled face; as well as a dark-skinned girl with shoulder-length black hair, her dark brown eyes matching her hair completely.
“Hi!” I exclaimed.
“Gracie, this is Juliet,” said Gemma, pointing to the blonde girl.
“Hi Gracie!” said Juliet.
“This is Camille,” said Gemma pointing to the brunette.
“Heya!” she yelled.
“This is Mae,” said Gemma, pointing at the black-haired one.
“Hi!” screamed Mae.
“And last of all-”said Gemma.
She was about to point at the dark-skinned girl when the dark-skinned girl shouted, right next to my ear:
“I AM VIOLE!!”
I screamed and fell to the floor laughing. “Gems, is there anyone else you want to introduce to me?” I said, trying to stand up.
“Oh yeah, meet the neighbourhood boys, Jordan, Leyer and George. Oh wait, there’s also Mae’s brother, Daniel,” she said casually.
"Jordan's 17, Leyer's 16 and same as George. Daniel's 13."
Jordan was a brown-haired boy in sloppy clothes; Leyer was blonde and adorable; George looked a year younger than me, with messy hair and cute features; Daniel had jet-black hair and looks kinda sweet.
“Hey.” We all said it at the same time, so as a habit I shouted:
“JINX! You owe me a soda!”
I was surprised that Leyer also knew the say.
“JINX! JINX! JINX!” we kept saying before I said it quicker than him. “HAH! IN YA FACE!” I shouted. Everyone else was looking at us strangely. “What?” I said.
Then mum came over and said, “Gracie, the biggest surprise would be tomorrow. Can you wait that long?”
I nodded. “Good,” she said. She went away and I started a game of Wall Tag with everyone. It was a long day and we had pizza for dinner before Gemma asked, “Mum, can we have a sleepover?”
Mum nodded and said, “Sure, but only if you sleep by ten.”
Everyone else cheered. I smiled and quickly finished my dinner.

#18 Penguins + 1D=me :D

Penguins + 1D=me :D

penguindirectioner11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • LocationWith 1D

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Write some more write some more! Lol
I <3 all my 1D lovin' BFF's

#19 StephanieHoran86

StephanieHoran86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5834 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

grrrrrrrr when does One Direction come in?????

*the crowd laughs*

#20 CodenameCheeseCake

CodenameCheeseCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Sooner or later. maybe in the next few chapters?
I'm posting soon, so check up!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: One Direction Fanfic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users